Guidelines: How to efficiently ask for help on SlackLast Updated: December 05, 2019
Before asking for help on Slack, make sure you have followed these simple steps which will solve your problem 80% of the time.
If you're still stuck, here are a few tips to get help as quickly as possible on our Slack:
- Write 1 message only. Any additions should be added as a comment on your own message.
- In your message, include the following:
- your project name or id
- a short description of your issue
- any log details you may have (http code, console error message, etc)
- ideally a screenshot or video showing it
- Use formatting: using ` or ` ` ` for code snippets and/or bold for importance in your message will increase visibility greatly.
- Do NOT use @channel or @here: you won't get our attention faster but would disturb a lot of people in the process
- As mentioned above, don't split your issue in multiple messages: write 1 message only and any other messages in 1 thread as comments of your own message
To open Slack, click here.